Image

Image

Friday, December 2, 2011

A Thankful Heart

Since I never wrote around Thanksgiving, I decided to still keep the theme of “thankfulness”.  I’ve had a lot going on recently, and I have a lot to be thankful for. Here are just a few things…

God’s gift of grace and mercy. I am thankful that He is always faithful, steady, and unchanging.  I am so amazed by the greatness of our God. He is constantly pouring His blessings upon me, and I am overwhelmed by His amazing love. “…how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.” –Ephesians 5:18

Family. Since moving back to Athens this year, time with family has been hard to come by. I am thankful that my family loves and supports me even when I have to be away from home for a while. I am thankful that they have been able to come and watch me cheer in Sanford Stadium this year. Even Grandma and Neil came up for the Kentucky game! I am thankful for the sweet time I got to spend with them and also for the time at home over Thanksgiving break. I am also thankful my sister and Brian will get to spend Christmas with us this year.




Friends. I am thankful that God has given me wonderful sisters as roommates who have been by my side through a lot this year. They are beautiful inside and out. I am thankful for the best friends God blessed me with in high school that I can always count on no matter what. I absolutely love my friends!




School. I am thankful to be attending the University of Georgia and receiving such a wonderful education. “…there is no tradition worthy of such envy, no institution worthy of such loyalty as the University of Georgia.”


Georgia Cheerleading. I am so thankful to be a party of the UGA cheerleading program. I have had the time of my life this year cheering between the hedges in Sanford Stadium. My dream has finally come true, and I am loving every second. Glory, glory to ‘ole Georgia!





Team United. I am thankful to be involved in a great athlete ministry. This has been a wonderful tool for the growth in my relationship with Christ this year, and I have also new found brothers and sisters in Christ that are involved in athletics like me.

BCM. I am thankful for the family of friends and believers that I have in the Baptist Collegiate Ministries. I love the worship and fellowship that constantly surrounds me. The Holy Spirit fills this place and these people with such a contagious joy!





Christmas. I love Christmas! It is now officially December and the 25 days of Christmas have begun! I am thankful that there is special music for Christmastime! I am also thankful for the special season drinks that Starbucks has! I’m thankful for Christmas lights and trees and ornaments and cookies! It all makes me so happy!



My Dawgs. I am so thankful for the great season that the Georgia Bulldogs have given me to cheer for! I am so proud to be a Georgia Bulldog! I am thankful that we won the SEC East and that we have a shot at the SEC Championship tomorrow! Win or lose, it’s always great to be a Georgia Bulldog! BEAT LSU!













I have so many things to be thankful for, and I am so incredibly blessed! Have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend! “Give thanks to the Lord for He is good; His love endures forever.” –Psalm 118:1

No comments:

Post a Comment