Image

Image

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Unchanging

Recently, my mind has been all over the place. I’ve had so much going on- changes, transitions, new school year, new activities, new time schedule, and then a broken into house. And I will honestly tell you that although some of these things came with excitement, ALL of them came with a bit of worry. My attitude from the past couple weeks has been one of increasing fear…

“This class is going to be impossible to make an A in.” “How am I going to have time to do all of this school work and still do other things?” “What about after graduation?” “Am I going to find a job?” “Where are Loren and I going to live?” “What about all the wedding details?” “Are people going to try and break into our house again?” “Did they see something else they want to come back for?” “Were they watching us when we left the house?” “What about all of the schoolwork I had on my old computer?” “What if we’re in the house when someone tries to come in?”

And then thankfully, the Lord took over. I was constantly reminded that “the Lord, our God, is ever faithful.” This period of waiting to see what the Lord has planned for the future is a time when I can draw even closer to Him. After all, that is what He desires. “Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.” –Psalm 62:5. I need not worry about whether or not Loren and I will find a place to land because I trust in the Lord, and HE HAS A PLAN. I don’t need to stress over the details of schoolwork, graduation, and the wedding because I trust in the Lord, and HE HAS A PLAN. I should not be living in constant fear over another house break-in because I trust in the Lord, and HE HAS A PLAN.

“I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way.” –Mark 1:2

His plans for my life are so much better than anything I could come up with on my own, and I have seen evidence of that in so much of my life already! All worry, doubt, and fear can be pushed away because “the God of angel armies is always by my side!” How awesome is that?! How blessed am I?! And how blessed are you too if you can also rest in that assurance?!

So here in this time of waiting for whatever the Lord is going to do next, I can prepare myself. I am preparing for Him to tell me to move. Not move as in pack up and head to another country, but move as in taking a step of faith to the next thing He wants me to do. I am preparing for everything to come in my senior year at UGA, tough classes, interactions with my students, continued growing friendships, new friendships, campus ministries. I am preparing for a career, wherever it might be, that the Lord will be able to use me in bringing people closer to Him. I am preparing for marriage, trying to further understand what it looks like to be wife that fully supports and encourages her husband as they seek after the Lord together. So here’s some food for thought as this question was a big one for me… what are you preparing for? What are you spending time worrying about that you can be spending time in preparation for instead?

I’ll close in this- the Lord is unchanging. The promise is made in Hebrews 13:8, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” This is something I have to remind myself of constantly. I think my fear and worry of things derives from the fact that I lose sight of this truth. It is me that is changing and trying to plan out the things to come so precisely. The Lord is unchanging. He had a plan for my life yesterday, He has the same one today, and He will hold true to that great plan forever.


Lord, help me to always remember that you are ever-faithful and never-changing. You will not delay. You are my ever-present help in times of trouble. You are my refuge and strength always.


God bless you guys! Oh, and it's FINALLY gameday!! GO DAWGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment